31 December 2020


As the sun goes down on this year we will never forget, my heart is breaking a little bit.

That the arrogance of British privilege and a misplaced sense of superiority should have won out over common sense and solidarity with friends and neighbours breaks my heart.

That the people who have fought so tirelessly against the calculated lies and twisted promises of so-called leaders will now have to suffer the consequences of such a stupid decision breaks my heart.

That the children of friends and strangers will no longer have the ease of movement among different lands that my children will continue to have breaks my heart.

That people who have considered the UK their home and future and have contributed for years are now being treated as unwanted outsiders breaks my heart.

That my parents will have to get a visa to visit their grandchildren little more than two hours away by train breaks my heart.

Alone you go faster, but together we go further.

Happy New Year indeed. May 2021 be filled with love, solidarity and kindness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movement + Air + Home = Life

homeowner

2022 the year of the butterfly