11 months, 10 days of being 5

It's all so hectic. And I knew it would be, it's just even more than I thought. Even more love, even more frustration, even more to do, even less time.

Full time work, which stops at 5pm, to be taken over by full life work. Music and dance lessons, gardening and cooking to do, reminders of scout camps and sports days to act on, running groups and yoga classes in my lunch break, lists and lists and lists.

I have always struggled with letting things go, the move to write a blog was another way of recording life as it flashes by, like the photos. Ironic that I don't even have time for this.

But today I thought to myself, 'I want to remember. I need to write it down' so here we are.

I want to remember the laughter that comes from an 8 year old, a 5 year old and an almost 1 year old during dinner, when the 8 year old tells a joke, that the 5 year old gets and finds funny. The sound when the baby joins in, enchanted by the happiness surrounding her, completes the scene.

I want to remember the noise the baby makes, when she sees her beloved big sisters, the inhaled 'oooooh' and the way she starts jumping in one spot, excited about what is to come when they appear in a doorway.

I want to remember the giggles when the big girls take it in turns to blow raspberries on the little round tummy of their youngest sibling. The gasps and uncontrolled belly laughs when they keep it up a little too long.

I want to remember the wide toothy grin I get when our eyes meet. It takes me back to her fist ever smile, the pure joy, the swelling heart.

Family life is loud and busy and messy. We spend so much time trying to tidy the mess and quieten the children but we rarely take time to count our blessings. Because we have so so many.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movement + Air + Home = Life

2022 the year of the butterfly

homeowner