Elsie the wit

'Fankoo mummy' says Elsie quickly, not paying attention.

'THank you' I correct, exaggerating the amount of tongue between my teeth. 'Th, th, th' I repeat.

Elsie brings her lip under her top teeth. 'Fffffffff' she says. 'Fffffffank you.'

I try again. 'Stick your tongue out.' Elsie obliges. 'Now trap it between your teeth. Th, th, th...'

Elsie gives it a go, but once she starts to think about the word and not her tongue in a strange place in her mouth, her old habit creeps back. 'Fank you!'

'Try again Elsie, tongue between your teeth.' I encourage. She's done it before, why has she forgotten?

Elsie is bored with this exercise, and suddenly an idea strikes.

'Dziekuje!' she says brightly, her eyes shining with her brilliance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movement + Air + Home = Life

homeowner

2022 the year of the butterfly